Once in a while, I discuss about topics other than investing such as THE HINDU’s website design at foreign source and my thoughts about it. That particular post resulted in passionate discussion on both side of the aisle. There was one theme that seemed to be echoed by quite a few commentators, and that was; there are companies and entrepreneurs that are focusing on developing products. Many entrepreneurs are in fact attempting to develop solutions for Indian consumers.
Keeping with that thought process; I am bringing to your attention a solution from one such entrepreneurial effort. This solution is called MPROFIT, personal desktop portfolio management application. In simple terms, this is solution for retail investors to manage/track their transactions across any asset class. It simplifies many of the mundane tasks of portfolio tracking. Some of the highlights are:
- It has ability to manage multiple portfolios and groups: This is good for all of us who manage different type of portfolios like trading portfolio, long-term portfolio, etc. You could even create groups based on industry to understand which one gives you the best returns or does it make sense for top down returns.
- Online update of BSE stock prices, Mutual Fund NAVs and ETFs: This is the one I look for. I don’t want to spend my time on clerical work to track my portfolio.
January 14, 2010, I added few extra bullets below on reader’s request.
- Manage Individual and Group Portfolios
- Online Updates for Stock Prices, Mutual Fund NAVs and ETFs
- Manage All Your Other Assets
- Annualised Return (XIRR) Reports
- Reports for Capital Gains, Asset Allocation and Others
- Export Reports to Microsoft Excel or Adobe PDF Format
- All Your Personal Data is Saved Locally on your Computer
This solution will appeal to lot of us individual investors who want to focus more time on identifying opportunities (and spend time less time on data inputs). I like its simplicity, auto updates for stock pricing, progress monitoring, and tracking portfolio updates.
Take a guess, what is its best feature? It uses my preferred way of calculating personalized returns. It uses XIRR for personalized rate of return, i.e. personal returns as a function of time for whole portfolio.
You can get free license for MPROFIT package.
In collaboration with MPROFIT, I am giving out 10 free licenses to readers of this blog. I would have loved to give each one of you a free licenses. But I only have limited 10 licenses only. Therefore, I am starting a contest.
- The contest will remain open until February 12, 2010, 11.30pm.
- You have to enter the contest, and then accumulate your tickets.
- At the end of contest, I will list top 10 people based on total number of tickets accumulated. These top 10 people will get free licenses for one year.
- You may earn as many tickets you would like until February 12, 2010, 11.30pm.
You can enter the contest by doing any one tasks listed in item (1) or item (2) below.
- Become Facebook fan of MProfit (opens Facebook link) and TIPBlog. — do both, and you enter the contest with one ticket per person
- Tweet this post. Make sure you include #mprofit and #tipblog — do this, and you enter the contest with one ticket per person for tweeting this post)
- If you do both, you get 2 tickets.
After you have entered into this contest, you may accumulate additional tickets by doing any of following.
- Tweet any other post from this blog with #mprofit and #tipblog (one ticket per person per article that you tweet)
- Leave a good comment on my blog (two tickets per person per comment). I will decide which one should get the ticket. If you leave more than one good comment you can get more tickets.
I will keep track of all the tickets. At the end of contest, on Feb 13, I will list the top 10 people, based on total number of tickets accumulated. Each of these 10 folks will get one free license for one year.
I will make final decision. In case of tie for last position, I will make my decision based on who has contributed more to my network.
I encourage you to ask questions about the software. Direct your questions to MPROFIT customer support. Asking questions to them will help you evaluate its customer service.
Disclaimer: I (or anyone from my family and friends) do not have any stake in the company or its products. I do not get any fees or commissions on any number of sales. I have no financial interest in this contest. I agreed to this proposal thinking free licenses would benefit readers of this blog. The only benefit I get is either Facebook fans or tweets that you folks will do as a part of this contest.
mprofit, portfolio management